Pursuant to section 5(2) of the Research, Science, and Technology Act 2010, the following Research, Science, and Technology (RS&T) funding in the votes administered by the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment is subject to a separate decision-making process:
- Health Research Fund;
- Marsden Fund;
- National Measurement Standards;
- Partnered Research Funding that is allocated using the Pre-seed Accelerator Fund, Commercialisation Partner Network, Envirolink or Christchurch Innovation Hub mechanisms;
- Repayable Grants for Start-Ups;
- Catalyst Fund;
- Māori Innovation Fund;
- Callaghan Innovation;
- Callaghan Innovation – Operations;
- Strategic Science Investment Fund;
- Research and Development Growth Grants;
- Targeted Business Research and Development Funding;
- Contract Management;
- Talent and Science Promotion;
- COVID-19 Innovation Acceleration Fund;
- Endeavour Emergency Response Scheme; and
- All RS&T funding in a vote other than Vote Business, Science and Innovation.
This notice supersedes and revokes the notice entitled: Research, Science, and Technology Funding Subject to a Separate Decision-making Process (New Zealand Gazette, 7 July 2016, Issue No. 61, Notice No. 2016-go3833).
This notice comes into effect on 6 May 2020.
Dated at Wellington this 4th day of May 2020.
Hon Dr MEGAN WOODS, Minister of Research, Science and Innovation.