Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Te Aroha College (116) Board (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers, and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- all functions, powers, and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers, and duties of the Board to establish policies and procedures (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on:
- board communications.
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of its publication.
Dated at Tauranga this 18th day of October 2021.
JOCELYN MIKAERE, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Whenua, Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.