Pursuant to Regulation 10 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Director-General of the Ministry for Primary Industries gives the following notice.
This notice is the Fisheries (Notification of Tāngata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for Area/Rohe Moana of Ngā Hapū o Taimai ki Te Marangi) Notice 2021.
This notice comes into force on 4 February 2021.
3. Customary Food Gathering Area/Rohe Moana
This notice applies to a customary food gathering area/rohe moana in the New Zealand fisheries waters described in clause (c) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Notice (No. 10) 2002 (New Zealand Gazette, 18 December 2002, Issue No. 180, page 4541), which is an area extending from Takou Bay to the Haūmi River mouth.
4. Tangata Whenua
The tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana are Ngā Hapū o Taimai ki Te Marangi.
5. Appointment Cancelled
(1) The Minister for Oceans and Fisheries has cancelled the appointment of Arthur Ashby as a tangata kaitiaki/tiaki for the area/rohe moana.
(2) The cancellation took effect at the end of 16 December 2020.
(1) The Minister for Oceans and Fisheries has appointed Tinika Hohaia as a tangata kaitiaki/tiaki for the rohe moana.
(2) The appointment took effect on 17 December 2020.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of January 2021.
EMMA TAYLOR, Director Fisheries Management (acting under delegated authority).