Pursuant to section 11(3) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 159 (TrustPower Limited)) Revocation Notice 2021.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Revocation of Exemption
(1) The Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 159 TrustPower Limited) Exemption Notice 2012, published in the New Zealand Gazette, 13 December 2012, Issue No. 148, Notice No. 2012-au8203 (“Exemption 159”) is revoked.
3. Reasons for Revoking the Exemption
The reasons for revoking exemption 159 are:
- ICP 0001131999MLC77 has been decommissioned so an exemption is no longer required.
- Exemption 159 refers to a clause in the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 that has since been revoked and the obligation now appears in a different clause (clause 10.14).
- Revoking exemption 159 meets the requirements in section 11(3) of the Act for revoking exemptions.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of May 2021.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.