Pursuant to section 122 of the Education and Training Act 2020, the Minister of Education hereby gives the following notice.
- Te Kura’s Board of trustees shall be constituted as follows:
- a chairperson appointed by the Minister of Education;
- up to six members appointed by the Minister of Education; and
- a permanent member of the Te Kura staff who has been elected by the permanent staff of Te Kura to represent them.
- A trustee’s term may not exceed three years.
- A trustee continues in office despite the expiry of his or her term of office until:
- the trustee ceases to hold office; or
- the trustee is reappointed or re-elected; or
- the trustee’s successor is appointed or elected; or
- the appointor informs the trustee by written notice (with a copy to the Board) that the trustee is not to be reappointed and no successor is to be appointed at that time.
- The trustee who is a staff representative ceases to hold office if they are no longer a permanent Te Kura staff member.
- The responsible Minister may remove an appointed trustee at any time.
- The responsible Minister may, for just cause and after consulting with the Board, remove the elected staff representative at any time and require a new representative to be elected.
- In (6) above, just cause includes misconduct, inability to perform the functions of office, neglect of duty, and breach of any of the collective duties of the Board or the individual duties of members (depending on the seriousness of the breach).
- Removal under clause (5) or (6) of this notice must be made by written notice to the trustee with a copy to the Board.
- Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu – The Correspondence School Board of Trustees (Te Kura) Notice 2011 published in the New Zealand Gazette, 13 October 2011, No. 155, page 4441, is revoked.
- This notice takes effect on the day after its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of September 2020.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.