Pursuant to Section 112 of the Crown Entities Act 2004, as Permitted by Section 5(1)(f)(ii) of the Earthquake Commission Act 1993
- This direction comes into effect immediately upon signing.
- Subject to paragraph 3, the Earthquake Commission (“Commission”) has the following additional function:
To administer the support package established by the Crown for qualifying owners of on-sold properties.
- The Commission’s additional function under paragraph 2 is subject to the following:
In carrying out the additional function, the Commission must act in accordance with any terms and conditions set by the Minister.
- For these purposes:
- Canterbury earthquakes means any earthquake in Canterbury on or after 4 September 2010 and on or before 31 December 2012, and includes any aftershock within this period;
- Minister means the Minister Responsible for the Earthquake Commission; and
- on-sold properties means homes damaged by one or more of the Canterbury earthquakes that have subsequently been sold to new owners.
- This direction expires on 14 August 2024, unless revoked earlier.
Dated this 7th day of October 2019.
Hon GRANT ROBERTSON, Minister Responsible for the Earthquake Commission.