Pursuant to Regulation 22 of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes, and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999, I, Simon Humphries, Acting Deputy General Manager, Investigations and Specialist Services, in exercise of those powers delegated to me by the Secretary of Labour, hereby give notice of recognition of the documents listed below submitted by Ballance Agri-Nutrients (Mt Operations, Acid Plant):
- Application for Recognition to Enable the Use of Extended Intervals of Inspection for Boilers & Pressure Equipment, dated 22 February 2018;
- Ballance Mtm ISO9001 Recommendation Letter;
- Letter of support by Bureau Veritas;
- Ballance Inspection Management System Section 1.1;
- A000059-ITP-001 Rev 4 – OITP for Pressure Equipment; and
- A000077-MOM-002 Rev 0 - Ballance Mt Operations, Acid Plant Extended Intervals Project OITP, dated 13 February 2018, Extended Intervals of Inspection AS/NZS 3788 Compliance Audit
The Ballance Agri-Nutrients submission indicates that this equipment would be managed in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999 (PECPR). Accordingly, I advise that recognition of the Ballance Agri-Nutrients inspection programme, as set out in the above documentation, is granted under Regulation 22 of the PECPR Regulations.
- It applies only to pressure equipment tabled in documentation detailed above.
- Inspection periods shall not exceed the maximum permitted by 22.214.171.124(b) "Extended Interval" of AS/NZS 3788.
- Its nominated Recognised Inspection Body shall determine the frequency and timing of the attendance of its equipment inspectors at for the purpose of reviewing, approving and auditing the implementation of the ITP and for the inspection and certification of equipment.
- It shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to its equipment or process that may affect equipment life or the frequency or type of inspection applied. Ballance Agri-Nutrients shall, in conjunction with Inspection Body, review actual or proposed changes to its equipment or process in order to establish any potential impact on safety and equipment inspection.
- Ballance Agri-Nutrients shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to, or affecting, Ballance Agri-Nutrients engineering personnel.
- Ballance Agri-Nutrients shall review its quality management system and update it to accommodate any changes necessary following the granting of this recognition.
This recognition may be withdrawn should the services of Bureau Veritas (its current nominated Recognised Inspection Body) be discontinued or, if there is any significant change to the equipment or process.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of March 2018.
SIMON HUMPHRIES, Acting Deputy General Manager, Investigations and Specialist Services.