Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 and my delegated authority, I authorise the User – for the Specified Purpose, during the Term, and on the Conditions below – to have access to the names and addresses of persons currently registered to motor vehicles:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle; and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles that they do not wish to have their names and addresses made available under section 241(1).
Person: Motor Industry Association (MIA)
- Service campaigns for software updates to vehicle’s safety assist and autonomous systems and for upgrades to engine management systems for improvement environmental performance.
- Verify ownership for warranty, customer support and/or other purposes.
- Provide customer support to queries regarding privately imported vehicles of which information is not available by other means.
- Confirming ownership of a vehicle (to validate that new stock has not been registered without advice given to the distributor).
- Sales auditing including dealer demonstrators where vehicles must be retained for a set period prior to any change of ownership.
- Verifying customer and vehicle ownership details before supply of security related information.
- Warranty and extra care contract expiry reminders so customers can be made aware and offered a new product.
Term: Commencing on 6 July 2023, this notice expires at midnight on 5 October 2028 but may be revoked at any time either generally or in relation to a specific motor vehicle manufacturer or distributor.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-motor-industry-association-MIA-interim.pdf
Dated this 4th day of July 2023.
MELISSA BURNS, Manager, Exemptions & Registers Integrity.