Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 and my delegated authority, I authorise the User – for the Specified Purpose, during the Term, and on the Conditions below – to have access to the names and addresses of persons currently registered to motor vehicles:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle; and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles that they do not wish to have their names and addresses made available under section 241(1).
Person: Southern Districts Towing Limited
- For verifying the registered person detailse for a motor vehicle in the lawful possession of Southern Districts Towing Limited;
- to verify the registered person details for a motor vehicle in which Southern Districts Towing Limited has been asked to tow, stor or dispose of by the New Zealand Police;
- to check the date change of any change in registered person in relation to a motor vehicle in the lawful possession of Southern Districts Towing Limited.
In order for Southern Districts Towing Limited to:
- Advise the registered person that the vehicle has been towed and its location;
- notify the registered person prior to disposal of a vehicle they are registered to (or were registered to at the relevant point in time);
- send an invoice to the registered person requesting payment (including details of possible methods of making payment);
- provide the registered person information to debt collection services for the purposes of lawfully collecting the debt;
- send reminder or advisory letters to a registered person of a vehicle Southern Districts Towing Limited has lawful possession of.
Term: Commencing on 17 January 2023, this notice expires at midnight on 16 January 2028 but may be revoked at any time.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-southern-districts-towing-limited.pdf.
Dated this 17th day of January 2023.
MELISSA BURNS, Manager, Exemptions & Registers Integrity.