In accordance with section 74(1)(b) of the Legislation Act 2019 and section 161(3) of the Land Transport Act 1998 (as it applied before 28 October 2021), notification is hereby given of the making of Land Transport Rule: Traffic Control Devices (Kura/School Signs) Amendment 2022 (“Rule”).
The objective of the Rule is to make amendments to Land Transport Rule: Traffic Control Devices 2004, including to:
- replace existing school signs with kura school signs; and
- create new kura school signs; and
- prescribe formatting requirements for kura school signs; and
- provide for the particular circumstances under which kura school signs are to be used; and
- remove signs referring to ‘school zone’.
The Rule comes into force on 5 April 2022.
The Rule can be found here: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/rules/traffic-control-devices-index/.
The Rule is also available for inspection free of charge, and can be purchased, at the National Office of the NZ Transport Agency, 50 Victoria Street, Wellington, or by emailing email@example.com.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of March 2022.
IAIN FEIST, General Counsel, Regulatory, New Zealand Transport Agency.