1. Under section 38 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Avoided Cost of Transmission) 2022 (“amendment”).
2. The amendment comes into force on 1 April 2023.
3. The amendment amends the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to remove the obligation on distributors to net off the transmission costs that an efficient distributor would be able to avoid by connecting certain distributed generation (avoided cost of transmission) when calculating the maximum connection charges that may be applied to that generation under the regulated terms.
4. The amendment is secondary legislation for the purpose of the Legislation Act 2019 and is administered by the Authority.
5. A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Electricity Authority's website http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
6. A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Aon Centre, 1 Willis Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 14th day of December 2022.
Dr NICOLA LANE CRAUFORD, Chair, Electricity Authority.