1. Pursuant to section 131B of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), I give notice that the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) adopts a replacement emergency management policy for the purposes of clause 7.4 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) with legal effect from 1 December 2022.
2. The emergency management policy is a document incorporated by reference into the Code as having legal effect in accordance with section 64 of the Legislation Act 2019.
3. The emergency management policy is secondary legislation for the purpose of the Legislation Act 2019 and is administered by the Authority.
4. A copy of the emergency management policy and the Code is available on the Authority’s website: http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
5. A copy of the emergency management policy and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Aon Tower, 1 Willis Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 25th day of October 2022.
Dr NICOLA LANE CRAUFORD, Chair, Electricity Authority.