1. Under section 38 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and the Legislation Act 2019 and having complied with section 39 of the Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Transmission Pricing Methodology Related Amendments) (No 2) 2022 (“amendment”).
2. The amendment was made on 15 July 2022.
3. The amendment comes into force on 1 April 2023.
4. The amendment removes certain exceptions to the requirement on Transpower to charge for transmission services only in accordance with the transmission pricing methodology.
5. The amendment is secondary legislation for the purpose of the Legislation Act 2019 and is administered by the Authority.
6. A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website at http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
7. A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Authority, Level 7, Aon Centre, 1 Willis Street, Wellington.
Dated at Abingdon, United Kingdom, this 15th day of July 2022.
Dr NICOLA LANE CRAUFORD, Chair, Electricity Authority.