Pursuant to section 80L of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Resource Management (Direction for the Intensification Streamlined Planning Process to Auckland Council) Notice 2022.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the date of publication.
2. Direction for the Intensification Streamlined Planning Process
Minister for the Environment’s Direction for the Intensification Streamlined Planning Process to Auckland Council
In accordance with section 80L of the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA), the Minister for the Environment directs Auckland Council to notify decisions on the independent hearings panel’s recommendations in accordance with clause 102 of Schedule 1 of the RMA by 31 March 2024.
Dated at Wellington this 11th day of April 2022.
Hon DAVID PARKER, Minister for the Environment.
- This Direction must be complied with.
- Part 6 of Schedule 1 of the RMA specifies the requirements of any Intensification Streamlined Planning Process.
- Section 80M of the RMA provides the Minister with the ability to amend this Direction on their own initiative or following a request from one or more of the specified territorial authorities named in this direction.
- Auckland Council may, in accordance with section 80M of the RMA apply in writing to the Minister for the Environment for an amendment to the Direction.