Pursuant to section 52(1)(a) of the Ahuriri Hapū Claims Settlement Act 2021, the Minister of Conservation hereby notifies that the area described in the Schedule hereto has been declared to be subject to an overlay classification by section 47 of the Act.
The provisions of the Act which relate to the overlay area are sections 47–60.
Pursuant to section 52(1)(b) of the Act the Minister hereby notifies that the following protection principles are directed at the Minister of Conservation for the purposes of avoiding harm to, or the diminishing of, Ahuriri Hapū values related to Otatara Pa Historic Reserve:
- protection of indigenous flora and fauna, natural resources and the wider environment within Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- recognition of the mana and Kaitiakitanga of Ahuriri Hapū for Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- respect for Ahuriri Hapū tikanga and kawa within Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- respect for the interests and relationships that Ahuriri Hapū have with Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- encouragement of the respect for the association of Ahuriri Hapū with Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- accurate portrayal of the association, interests and relationships of Ahuriri Hapū with Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- recognition of the relationship of Ahuriri Hapū with the wāhi tapu and wāhi whakahirahira;
- recognition of Ahuriri Hapū mahinga kai and the provision of cultural resources;
- recognition of Ahuriri Hapū relationship with and the importance to Ahuriri Hapū of the ecosystems and life forms within Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- recognition of and respect for ngā tikanga o Ahuriri Hapū and its relevance to the protection of Otatara Pa Historic Reserve;
- recognition of and respect for Ngāti Paarau as ahikaa in respect of Otatara Pa Historic Reserve.
Hawke’s Bay Land District—Napier City
|58.1495||Lot 1 DP 404875, Lot 1 DP 6448, Lot 1 DP 6687, Lot 1 DP 12898, Lot 2 DP 341324, Lot 4 DP 311299, Lots 10 and 11 DP 12805, Section 11 Block VII Heretaunga Survey District, and Block 176 Puketapu Crown Grant District.|
as shown on Deed Plan OTS-206-04.
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of March 2022.
Hon KIRI ALLAN, Minister of Conservation.