Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Te Kura Mana Maori o Matahi (1809) Board (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board of employment (whether statutory or otherwise);
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board of curriculum management (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board of financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Tauranga this 20th day of December 2022.
JOCELYN MIKAERE, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Whenua, Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.