Pursuant to section 16(1) of the Major Events Management Act 2007 (“Act”), the Minister for Economic and Regional Development gives the following notice:
1. Commencement and Purpose
This notice, which comes into force on the day of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette, declares the clean zones, clean transport routes, and clean periods pursuant to section 16 of the Act for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Play Off Tournament host city venues.
2. Clean Zones, Clean Transport Routes and Clean Periods
(1) The clean zone, clean transport routes and clean periods for each FIFA Women’s World Cup Play Off Tournament venue are set out in the Schedules as follows:
Schedule 1: North Harbour Stadium, Auckland
Schedule 2: Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
(2) The clean zones described in the Schedules include the land comprising:
- the named streets or roads that form the border of each clean zone up to the boundary of any abutting land at the outside edge of the clean zone; and
- the land wholly enclosed by the border formed by the named streets or roads.
(3) The clean transport routes described in the Schedules include any land to which the public ordinarily has access up to a distance of 20 metres from the clean transport route.
3. Excluded Land and Buildings
For the avoidance of doubt, any excluded land or buildings as defined in section 16(5) of the Act, are not included in the clean zones and clean transport routes described in the Schedules to this notice.
Schedule 1—North Harbour Stadium, Auckland
The area shown in Map 1, being the area bordered by and including:
- Oteha Valley Road from Dairy Flat Highway to Munroe Lane;
- Munroe Lane from Oteha Valley Road to Don McKinnon Drive;
- Don McKinnon Drive from Monroe Lane to Civic Crescent;
- Civic Crescent;
- Don McKinnon Drive from Civic Crescent to the roundabout at Mercari Way;
- Coliseum Drive from Don McKinnon Drive to Albany Expressway; and
- Albany Expressway from Coliseum Drive to Oteha Valley Road.
Map 1: North Harbour Stadium Clean Zone
Clean Transport Routes
The land comprising the routes shown in Map 2, namely:
- State Highway 1 from the Awanohi Road overpass to Constellation Drive; and
- Urban Route 31 from Durey Road to the intersection with State Highway 1.
Map 2: North Harbour Stadium Clean Transport Routes
The North Harbour Stadium clean zone and clean transport routes will apply during the following clean periods:
- From 6.00am on Friday 17 February to 11.59pm on Sunday 19 February 2023;
- From 6.00am on Wednesday 22 February to 11.59pm on Thursday 23 February 2023.
Schedule 2—Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
The area shown in Map 3, being the area bordered by and including:
- Ulster Street from 305 Ulster Street to Mill Street;
- Mill Street from Ulster Street to Victoria Street;
- Victoria Street to Rostrevor Street;
- Rostrevor Street from Victoria Street to Norton Road;
- Norton Road from Rostrevor Street to Hall Street;
- Mill Street from Norton Road to the walkway joining Mill Street and Avon Street;
- The walkway joining Mill Street and Avon Street;
- The walkway joining Avon Street and Seddon Road;
- Seddon Road from the walkway joining Avon Street and Seddon Road to the western-most point of Willoughby Park where it meets Seddon Road; and
- The line bordering Willoughby Park and Beetham Park from the western-most point of Willoughby Park where it meets Seddon Road to 305 Ulster Street.
Map 3: Waikato Stadium Clean Zone
Clean Transport Route
The land comprising the routes shown in Map 4, namely:
- State Highway 1C from the intersection with Wairere Drive to the intersection with Cobham Drive.
Map 4: Waikato Stadium Clean Transport Route
The Waikato Stadium clean zone and clean transport route will apply during the following clean period:
- From 6.00am on Friday 17 February until 11.59pm on Thursday 23 February 2023.