Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager to the Paraparaumu School (2949) Board (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers, and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers, and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise);
- All functions, powers, and duties of the Board to manager financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- All functions, powers, and duties of the Board in curriculum management including teaching and assessment practice (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on:
- board communications and consolidating all new and improved systems into board management practice.
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of the limited statutory manager.
- The limited statutory manager will take office immediately following the term of the current commissioner.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of November 2022.
NANCY BELL, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Runga, Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.