Pursuant to section 16(1) of the Major Events Management Act 2007 (“Act”), the Minister for Economic and Regional Development gives the following notice:
1. Commencement and Purpose
This notice, which comes into force on the day of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette, declares the clean zone and clean period pursuant to section 16 of the Act for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023 (FIFA WWC 2023) Draw on 22 October 2022.
2. Clean Zone and Clean Period
(1) The clean zone and clean period for the FIFA WWC 2023 Draw are set out in Schedule 1 to this notice.
(2) The clean zone described in Schedule 1 includes the land comprising:
- the named streets or roads that form the border of the clean zone up to the boundary of any abutting land at the outside edge of the clean zone; and
- the land wholly enclosed by the border formed by the named streets or roads.
3. Excluded Land and Buildings
For the avoidance of doubt, any excluded land or buildings, as defined in section 16(5) of the Act, are not included in the clean zone described in Schedule 1 of this notice.
Schedule 1 — Aotea Centre Clean Zone and Clean Period
The area shown bordered in red in Map 1 being the area bordered by and including:
- Mayoral Drive from Myers Street to Greys Avenue;
- Greys Avenue from the intersection with Mayoral Drive in a straight line through to Queen Street including the slip road by the Auckland Town Hall;
- Aotea Square and the area consisting of 303 Queen Street;
- The area from 303 Queen Street to Myers Street excluding the buildings at 291/297 Queen Street and 24 Wellesley Street West; and
- Myers Street.
The Aotea Centre clean zone will apply from 6.00am on Saturday 22 October 2022 until 11.59pm on Saturday 22 October 2022.
Map 1: Aotea Centre Clean Zone