Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Mercury Bay Area School (110) Board (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board in relation to property management (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on:
- Financial operations; and
- board policies and procedures.
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Tauranga this 21st day of September 2022.
JOCELYN MIKAERE, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Whenua, Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.