1. Pursuant to clause 59 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order 2021 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, make this notice.
2. Words and expressions in this notice have the meanings given to them in the Order.
3. This notice will come into force at 11.59pm on 11 May 2022.
Specified Information for Traveller Declaration Through the New Zealand Traveller Declaration System
4. For the purposes of clauses 23 and 24 of the Order, a person required to make a declaration through the NZTD system (a “traveller”), or person that is making a declaration on behalf of a traveller, may be required if applicable under a COVID-19 Order to make the following declarations and provide the following specified information, which may be used to support a public health response to COVID-19 using NZTD as the approved system:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- The following passport details:
- Passport number
- Passport expiry date
- Nationality on passport
- First port of departure for direct flight or first connecting flight
- Date and time of direct flight or first connecting flight
- Flight number
- Scheduled date of arrival to New Zealand
- Date of departure from New Zealand
- The following details of the traveller’s emergency contact:
- Full name
- Relationship to the traveller
- Phone number
- Email address (if any).
- Contact email (for the traveller or their guardian)
- Contact phone number (for the traveller or their guardian)
- New Zealand contact address, or details of motor home or tour provider and locality
- Countries visited in the specified 14-day period
- Evidence of negative COVID-19 test result and applicable transcription of that into the NZTD system, certificate, or indication of exemption, in accordance with clauses 14 and 15 of the Order
- Evidence of vaccination, certificate, or indication of exemption, in accordance with clause 13 of the Order and applicable transcription of that into the NZTD system
- Whether the traveller is a transit-only arrival, in accordance with Schedule 6 of the Order
- Whether the traveller is travelling in a group, such as a sports team or as a relevant family member
- New Zealand citizenship status
- Whether the traveller is a New Zealand residence class visa holder or is an Australian citizen who is ordinarily resident in New Zealand
- Confirmation that the traveller is not waiting for test results, in accordance with clause 16 of the Order
- Confirmation that the traveller is not subject to public health direction in another country (for example, directed to isolate or be tested for COVID-19,) in accordance with clause 17 of the Order
- Confirmation that the traveller has not prematurely ended a period of isolation or quarantine, in accordance with clause 18 of the Order
- If a person is making a declaration on behalf of a traveller, confirmation that the person is authorised to make a declaration on the traveller’s behalf.
5. The information specified in paragraph 4 of this notice may be required in paper or electronic format.
6. A traveller, or person that is making a declaration on behalf of a traveller, must make a traveller declaration through the NZTD system before the traveller boards the flight at the beginning of their journey.
7. For the purposes of this notice, a journey may include a multi-leg journey. A traveller is taken to have begun their multi-leg journey –
- on the traveller’s first international departure; or
- if the traveller stays after that first international departure in any country or other place for more than 72 hours, on their international departure from the country or other place at which the traveller most recently stayed for 72 hours or more before arriving in New Zealand.
Specification of Traveller Pass
8. For the purposes of clause 60(2) of the Order, I specify a traveller pass to be:
- An electronic pass issued by the NZTD system (whether presented in electronic or paper format); or
- A New Zealand Traveller Declaration paper form, in the format by the NZTD system subject to paragraph 4 of this notice, that is completed and signed by the traveller, or person making the declaration on their behalf.
9. A traveller pass issued by the NZTD system may include the following:
- information that identifies the pass holder and the direct flight or connecting flight to which the pass relates.
- A traveller’s entry pathway into New Zealand, including that a traveller is required to undergo testing on arrival, entry without undertaking isolation or quarantine, or other arrival pathway as may be applicable under the Order.
- a direction to air carrier representatives and border officials to sight evidence that the traveller meets applicable COVID-19 provisions (for example if a traveller is relying on a medical certificate or if the NZTD system has been unable to assess a traveller’s pre-departure test or vaccine evidence).
10. The notice of the Director-General dated 23 March 2022 and titled “COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order 2021—Specified Information and Form of Traveller Pass for New Zealand Traveller Declaration System” New Zealand Gazette, 24 March 2022, Notice No. 2022-go1081 is revoked.
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of May 2022.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.