1. Pursuant to clause 59 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order 2021 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, make this Notice.
2. Words and expressions in this Notice have the meanings given to them in the Order.
Specification of Approved System as Alternate System for Traveller Declarations and Collection of Information
3. For the purposes of clauses 23(3A) and 23(3B) of the Order, submission of the COVID-19 Aircrew Traveller Declaration Form issued by the Ministry of Health is an approved system.
4. New Zealand-based aircrew members and overseas-based aircrew members may make a traveller declaration through the COVID-19 Aircrew Traveller Declaration Form instead of the NZTD system.
Information Necessary to Support the Public Health Response to COVID-19 and Traveller Declaration— Information Shared Through COVID-19 Aircrew Traveller Declaration Form
5. Pursuant to clauses 23 and 24 of the Order, I hereby designate the following information to be required from New Zealand-based aircrew members and overseas-based aircrew members that make a traveller declaration through the COVID-19 Aircrew Traveller Declaration Form:
- arrival details;
- aircrew member details, including full name and contact information in New Zealand;
- name of airline;
- overseas port where the person boarded the aircraft on which they arrived in New Zealand;
- date of arrival in New Zealand;
- full contact address or residential address;
- contact phone number in New Zealand;
- contact email address in New Zealand;
- confirmation whether the person is ordinarily resident in New Zealand;
- details of the countries that the aircrew member has entered in the specified 14-day period;
- confirmation whether the person has complied with the key safety standards or an approved route safety plan (where applicable);
- confirmation of vaccination against COVID-19 (where applicable) and the type of vaccine received;
- date of most recent COVID-19 test and the result of that test;
- confirmation that the person is not subject to a public health direction in any other country and that they intend to comply with the relevant public health measures that apply to them while in New Zealand.
Specification of Alternate Traveller Pass
6. Pursuant to clauses 12(2A) and 12(2B) of the Order, I hereby designate an alternate traveller pass to be a completed COVID-19 Aircrew Traveller Declaration Form signed by the declarant.
Commencement and Revocation
7. This Notice will come into force at 11.59pm on 30 April 2022.
8. The notice of the Director-General dated 24 March 2022 and titled “COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order 2021—Information Necessary to Support Public Health Response to COVID-19 and Traveller Health Declaration Information” (New Zealand Gazette, 24 March 2022, Notice No. 2022-go1080) is revoked.
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of April 2022.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.