Pursuant to clause 57 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order 2021 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for COVID-19 Response declare that relevant people (as defined in this notice) are exempt from the following clauses of the Order where they apply to them:
- clause 14 (requirement to have pre-departure test for COVID-19 or be excused by certificate):
- clause 15 (must have negative result from pre-departure test for COVID-19 (or certificate))
- clause 16 (must not be waiting for test results)
- clause 16A (requirement to not exhibit COVID-19 symptoms):
- clause 17 (requirement to not be subject to public health direction in another country):
- clause 18 (must not have prematurely ended period of isolation or quarantine).
This exemption applies to the following class of people (relevant people):
- people employed as air crew;
- who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand;
- who are overseas in the course of their employment as air crew;
- who test positive for COVID-19: and
- who are being returned to New Zealand by their employing airline in the course of their employment.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- that there will be no passengers on board the repatriation flights:
- that in relation to other aircraft occupants, the air crew member will:
- travel in a separate part of the cabin:
- use separate toilet facilities:
- have no use of the same galley or crew rest.
- the crew member will wear a N95 mask and shield throughout the flight:
- other crew members will wear equivalent PPE:
- there will be separate crew transport at each end of the flight.
Dated this 4th day of April 2022.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.