Notice of Application for Approval of a Charitable Trust Scheme Under Part 3 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957
Take notice that the trustee of THE TREVOR WILSON CHARITABLE TRUST (NO. 2) will make an application to the High Court at Christchurch on 11 April 2022 at 2.00pm for orders, under Part 3 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957, approving a scheme to amend the terms of the trust deed. In particular, the scheme proposes to:
- widen the geographic scope of the trust deed to permit distributions so long as it provides a material benefit to the Mid-Canterbury Provincial Region in New Zealand and its residents;
- define the “Mid-Canterbury Provincial Region in New Zealand” as the Ashburton District;
- update the references to St John South Island Region Trust Board and Presbyterian Support (Upper South Island) so as to refer to their current names and Charities Services Registration Numbers;
- update and modernise the trust deed, including to account for the expected dissolution of the settlor, THE TREVOR WILSON CHARITABLE TRUST.
Further particulars of the application may be obtained from the office of the applicant’s solicitors, Argyle Welsh Finnigan, at the address for service below.
The proposed scheme and the Attorney-General’s report are also available for inspection free of charge at the Timaru High Court.
Any person desiring to oppose the scheme is required to give written notice of his or her intention to do so no less than seven clear days before the date of the hearing to:
- the applicant at the address for service below;
- the Registrar of the High Court at Timaru; and
- the Attorney-General, Crown Law Office, PO Box 2858, Wellington (Attention: Bronagh McKenna).
This notice is advertised in accordance with section 36 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.
The applicant’s address for service is at the offices of its solicitors, Argyle Welsh Finnigan, 201 West Street, DX WA30003, Ashburton 7740 (Attention: Paul Gooby).