Notice of Application for Approval of a Charitable Trust Scheme Under Part 3 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957
Take notice that the DILWORTH OLD BOYS BENEVOLENT TRUST will make an application to the High Court at Auckland on 12 October 2022 at 10.00am for orders, under Part 3 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957, approving a scheme to amend the terms of the trust deed. In particular, the scheme proposes to:
- allow de facto partners and not just spouses of deceased Old Boys to be included as potential beneficiaries of the trust;
- amend and simplify clauses relating to trustee powers; and
- amend certain clauses relating to the administration and management of the trust.
Further particulars of the application may be obtained from the office of the applicant’s solicitors, Jackson Russell.
The proposed scheme and the Attorney-General’s report are also available for inspection free of charge at the High Court at Auckland.
Any person desiring to oppose the scheme is required to give written notice of his or her intention to do so no less than seven clear days before the date of the hearing to:
- the Registrar of the High Court at Auckland, CX10222, Auckland;
- the applicant, care of Jackson Russell, PO Box 3451, Auckland 1140 (Attention: Caroline Harris); and
- the Attorney-General care of Crown Law Office, PO Box 2858, Wellington 6011 (Attention: Austin Powell / Ali Perez).
This notice is advertised in accordance with section 36 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.