Under section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 326 (Ecotricity Limited Partnership)) Exemption Notice 2022.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) Ecotricity Limited Partnership (“Ecotricity”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 10.14(2)(b) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to only treat load as unmetered load if it reasonably expects, in any rolling 12-month period, the load to be not greater than 6,000 kWh if the load is predictable load of a type approved and published by the Authority.
(2) This exemption applies only to installation control points (“ICPs”) 0007146035RN953, 0007146034RN516, 0007146032RN499, 0007146031RN859, 1000590812PC0FD, 1002078490UNB84, 0000162438CK602, 1002078527UNDF8, 1002075918UN3F2, 1000590813PCCB8, 1002075767UNF7A and 0000047856HRA33.
This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- the close of 13 December 2032;
- the date when Ecotricity is no longer recorded in the registry as being the trader for any of the 12 ICPs; and
- the date when all of the 12 ICPs are metered.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- Ecotricity is unable to be able to realistically retrofit the sites to house meters in an economical or practical manner that would benefit the consumer;
- reconciling as unmetered load will have no material impact on submission accuracy as the load is predictable and of a type approved by the Authority;
- the exemption will have no impact on any other participant or service provider and will not affect any other Code provision; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of December 2022.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALLAN DAWSON, Chair, Compliance Committee.