Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 and my delegated authority, I authorise the User – for the Specified Purpose, during the Term, and on the Conditions below – to have access to the names and addresses of persons currently registered to motor vehicles:
- Who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle; and
- Who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles that they do not wish to have their names and addresses made available under section 241(1).
Person: Indepth Forensic Limited
- To trace the sale of vehicles that were registered to a company/entity in liquidation or receivership, where ownership is disputed, or registration may have been changed when ownership is disputed in order for Indepth Forensic Limited’s client to recover any sale proceeds;
- To ensure all assets of a company/entity are identified, including vehicles that may have been fraudulently transferred into another person’s name or fraudulently sold to another person;
- To assist with the detection and investigation of suspected fraud in respect of company assets;
- To trace assets in fraud investigations;
- Preparing evidence related to criminal offences in fraud investigations;
- When acting as a contracted agent on behalf of government agencies with law enforcement functions, to assist in the carrying out of those functions.
Term: Commencing on 29 November 2022 this notice expires at midnight on 28 November 2027 but may be revoked at any time.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-Indepth-Forensic-Limited.pdf
Dated this 25th day of November 2022.
SUE HARDIMAN, Senior Manager, Vehicle and Driver Licensing.