Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 and my delegated authority, I authorise the User – for the Specified Purpose, during the Term, and on the Conditions below – to have access to the names and addresses of persons currently registered to motor vehicles:
- Who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle; and
- Who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles that they do not wish to have their names and addresses made available under section 241(1).
Person: BDO Tauranga
- To obtain name and address details in respect of motor vehicles identified during a liquidation/receivership for uplift, if they are the property of the liquidated company named on the Notice of Appointment of Liquidators document;
- To determine if the registered person of a motor vehicle, where there is reasonable evidence which indicates that the motor vehicle is owned by a company/entity in liquidation or receivership for uplift, is the property of the liquidated company named on the Notice of Appointment of Liquidators document;
- To trace the sale of vehicles that were registered to a company/entity in liquidation or receivership, where ownership is disputed, or registration may have been changed when ownership is disputed in order to recover any sale proceeds;
- To ensure all assets of a company/entity are identified, including vehicles that may have been fraudulently transferred into another person’s name or fraudulently sold to another person;
- To enable assets to be insured, and liquidators and receivers to comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 1993 and Receiverships Act 1993;
- To assist with the detection and investigation of suspected fraud in respect of company assets;
- To trace assets in fraud investigations;
- Preparing evidence related to criminal offences in fraud investigations;
- To assist in the enforcement of Court orders and judgments, and to provide the registered person information to debt collection services for the purposes of lawfully collecting the debt; and
- When acting as a contracted agent on behalf of government agencies with law enforcement functions, to assist in the carrying out of those functions.
Term: Commencing on 25 November 2022, this notice expires at midnight on 24 November 2027 but may be revoked at any time.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-bdo-tauranga-limited.pdf.
Dated this 25th day of November 2022.
MELISSA BURNS, Manager, Exemptions and Registers Integrity.