Pursuant to Regulation 5 of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes, and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999, I, Rosalind Julian, in exercise of powers delegated to me by WorkSafe New Zealand, hereby give notice that exemption is granted to EnergyWorks Limited from those duties in Regulation 19 of the PECPR Regulations, which require fabrication inspection to be completed by an equipment inspector.
This exemption applies only to pressure piping of AS 4343 Hazard Levels B, C, D and E.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The exemption applies only to fabrication inspection of the specified pressure piping manufactured by EnergyWorks Limited.
- EnergyWork’s inspectors must hold the CBIP Certified Welding Inspector qualification and be appropriately trained for the work they are to undertake.
- Inspection work must be performed and documented in accordance with the manufacturing standard, the Approved Code of Practice for Pressure Equipment (Excluding Boilers), and EnergyWork’s quality management system.
- Copies of all inspection reports must be given to the equipment controller and all relevant quality assurance documentation must be available for perusal by the inspection body engaged to certify the equipment for service.
- An inspection body must witness pressure testing of hazard level B pressure equipment where such testing is a requirement of the manufacturing standard.
- All equipment must have a certificate of design verification issued by an inspection body, except where such certification is waived by the Approved Code of Practice for Pressure Equipment (Excluding Boilers).
- This exemption shall remain in force until 8 December 2025 provided all its conditions continue to be satisfied, and unless cancelled in writing.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of November 2022.
ROSALIND JULIAN, Acting Head of Technical Programmes and Support, Health and Technical Services.