In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 203 (Contact Energy Limited)) Exemption Notice 203.
(2) This notice comes into force on 1 January 2023.
(1) Contact Energy Limited (“Contact”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 10.24(c) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) not to use subtraction to determine submission information for ICP 0000880392WEA92.
(2) This exemption applies only to ICP 0000880392WEA92.
(1) This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- 31 December 2023; or
- when Contact is no longer recorded in the registry as being the trader for ICP 0000880392WEA92; or
- when AccuCal Limited (“AccuCal”) is no longer recorded in the registry as being the Metering Equipment Provider for ICP 0000880392WEA92; or
- the date on which the meter programming, metering or distribution configuration is changed or decommissioned.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
(1) The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- deriving the submission information from the metering installations at the ICP by subtraction is as accurate as it would be if it was derived using directly metered data;
- without the exemption, Contact would incur a significant cost to reconfigure the metering installations at the Te Rapa co-generation power plant to comply with the obligation in clause 10.24(c) of the Code whilst AccuCal would not incur similar cost;
- the extension will not affect any other Code provision and will have no impact on any other participant or service provider, except AccuCal, which is subject to Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 202 (AccuCal Limited)) Exemption Notice 202; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 13th day of October 2022.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALLAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.