Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 and my delegated authority, I authorise the User – for the Specified Purpose, during the Term, and on the Conditions below – to have access to the names and addresses of persons currently registered to motor vehicles:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle; and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles that they do not wish to have their names and addresses made available under section 241(1).
Person: National Automotive Industry Technology Association (NAITA)
When the authorised member is a motor vehicle trader:
- to assist in verifying the registered person details in respect of a motor vehicle when purchasing that vehicle;
- to check or confirm that a change of registered person has been completed correctly in relation to a transaction in which the motor vehicle trader has a business interest;
- in the case of wholesalers only, to obtain names and addresses of persons registered in respect of vehicles that are the subject of a safety recall;
- any other purpose that is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase of a motor vehicle in relation to a transaction in which the motor vehicle trader has a business interest, other than marketing purposes; and
- to assist in verifying the registered person details in respect of a motor vehicle when assessing a warranty claim in respect of that vehicle.
When the authorised member is a fuel supplier:
- to assist in verifying the registered person details in respect of a motor vehicle where the occupants fail to pay for goods or services obtained from a fuel supplier at a service station.
When the authorised member is a registered Financial Service Provider:
- to assist in verifying the owner of a motor vehicle when assessing an application to provide finance in relation to that vehicle; and
- to check or confirm details where the registered financial services provider has an existing security interest in the relevant motor vehicle, either in the form of a Personal Properties Securities Register (PPSR) interest or similar security interest.
Term: Commencing on 26 October 2022, this notice expires at midnight on 31 October 2022 but may be revoked at any time either generally or in relation to a specific motor vehicle trader, financial service provider or fuel supplier.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency website here for details: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/vehicle/docs/MVR-terms-and-conditions-NAITA.pdf.
Dated this 28th day of September 2022.
SUE HARDIMAN, Senior Manager – Vehicle and Driver Licensing, Waka Kotahi – NZ Transport Agency.