In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Title and Commencement
(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 321 Transpower NZ Limited) Exemption Notice 2022.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
(1) Transpower NZ Limited (“Transpower”) is exempted from the complying with the obligations in clauses 10.29B(2) and 10.29C(2) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) that a grid owner may only disconnect or electrically disconnect a point of connection to the grid (that it owns or operates) in specific circumstances.
(2) This exemption applies only to Transpower.
This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- the close of 31 May 2025; or
- the date on which either clause 10.29B(2) or 10.29C(2) of the Code are amended by Gazette notice.
4. Reasons for Granting the Exemption
The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- the exemption will enable the grid owner to process electrical connections and disconnections in an efficient manner;
- the exemption will provide time to examine a potential issue in the Code and, if necessary, implement changes; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of June 2022.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
ALLAN DAWSON, Member, Electricity Authority.