Notice Under Section 332 of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013
Pursuant to section 331 of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, the Financial Markets Authority on 6 May 2022 approved Listing Rule changes for NZX, as contained in the notice Financial Markets Conduct (NZX Listing Rules) Approval of Rule Change Notice 2022. The changes will become effective on a date as determined by the NZX in accordance with the NZX Listing Rules.
The amendments to the NZX Listing Rules are generally minor and do not contain substantive amendments or material policy changes. The amendments provide clarity, improve operation of the rules, or align the wording of the rules to the statutory wording by:
- clarifying select definitions;
- refining notice and information requirements for quoted wholesale debt securities;
- updating of references to newer legislation;
- incorporating waivers and rulings into the rules or aligning the rules to other law;
- providing NZX more timely information;
- removing unintended consequences of interpretation of a rule;
- supporting NZX’s operational processes;
- removing some burdens on issuers regarding poll voting and amendments to governing documents.
Copies of the notices are available on the Financial Markets Authority’s website: www.fma.govt.nz.
Copies are also available for purchase on request to the Financial Markets Authority, Level 2, 1 Grey Street, Wellington, or Level 5, Ernst & Young Building, 2 Takutai Square, Britomart, Auckland, or by post to PO Box 1179, Wellington 6140.