1.Under section 38 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Inverter Standard for Distributed Generation) 2021 (“amendment”).
2. The amendment comes into force on 18 December 2021.
3. The amendment replaces references to the current inverter standard AS/NZS 4777.2:2015 adopted in Schedule 6.1 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) for connecting small-scale distributed generation to a network with references to a new inverter standard AS/NZS 4777.2:2020 recognised by Standards New Zealand.
4. In accordance with section 39(3)(a) of the Act, the Authority has not prepared and publicised a regulatory statement or consulted on the amendment or a regulatory statement, because it is satisfied that the amendment is technical and non-controversial.
5. A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
6. A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
7. The amendment incorporates by reference the following standard approved by Standards New Zealand: AS/NZS 4777.2:2020 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters - Part 2: Inverter requirements.
8. A copy of this standard is available for inspection during normal office hours, free of charge, at the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington. A copy of the standard may be purchased online from Standards New Zealand at www.standards.govt.nz.
9. This amendment is secondary legislation for the purposes of the Legislation Act 2019 and is administered by the Authority.
10. The amendment was made on 16 November 2021.
Dated this 16th day of November 2021.
Dr NICOLA CRAUFORD, Chair, Electricity Authority.