Notice is hereby given, under section 103 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016, that the Minister for Land Information, Hon Damien O’Connor, proposes to take the land described in the Schedule to this notice.
The exercise of this power is in accordance with section 11 of that Act.
The land is required for the implementation of the Christchurch Central Recovery Plan and it is intended to use the land for purposes of the Stadium (Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA)) including:
- Regular field for sporting events, training and practice (such as rugby, rugby league, football);
- Multiple use for concerts/events;
- Up to 35,000 fixed seat capacity including removable seats to create stage;
- Roof cover;
- Event lighting;
- Player/entertainer facilities;
- Corporate suites/lounges/conference facilities;
- Broadcasting, technology and other services;
- External plazas and circulation concourse;
- Retail/food and beverage;
- Kitchen and catering facilities;
- Car parks;
- Storage sheds, workshops and ground keeping facilities;
- Visitor Attraction Facilities (such as hall of fame or museum); and
- Ancillary Activities.
Reasons for Taking Land
The reasons why the Minister for Land Information considers it necessary to take the land are as follows:
- The CMUA is an integral part of the Christchurch Central Recovery Plan;
- The land described in the Schedule to this notice has been identified as being within the most appropriate location for the CMUA;
- The CMUA cannot be properly constructed and operated without the interest in the land being acquired.
Canterbury Land District—Christchurch City
The land located at 212–214 Madras Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch
|261||Lot 1 and Lot 5–6 Deposited Plan 4812 (Record of Title CB324/54)|
|259||Lot 2, Lot 7–8, Lot 12 and Lot 15 Deposited Plan 4812 (Record of Title CB21F/1192|
Dated this 26th day of February 2021.
Signed by the Minister for Land Information, Hon DAMIEN O’CONNOR, pursuant to section 103 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016.