Pursuant to section 54(1)(a) of the Ngāti Hinerangi Claims Settlement Act 2021, the Minister of Conservation hereby notifies that the area described in the Schedule hereto has been declared to be subject to an overlay classification by section 49 of the Act.
The provisions of the Act which relate to the overlay area are sections 48–62 of the Act.
Pursuant to section 54(1)(b) of the Act the Minister hereby notifies that the following protection principles are directed at the Minister of Conservation; avoiding harm to, or the diminishing of, Ngāti Hinerangi values related to the overlay area of Wairere Waiteariki:
- Protection of wāhi tapu (includes tapuwae, mahinga kai and nohoanga), indigenous flora and fauna and the wider environment within the Wairere Waiteariki overlay classification;
- recognition of and respect for the mana, kaitiakitanga, tikanga of Ngāti Hinerangi lwi / Hapū within the Wairere Waiteariki overlay classification;
- encouragement of the respect for the association of Ngāti Hinerangi lwi / Hapū with the Wairere Waiteariki overlay classification;
- accurate portrayal of the association of Ngāti Hinerangi lwi / Hapū with Wairere Waiteariki overlay classification; and
- recognition of the relationship of Ngāti Hinerangi lwi / Hapū with the wāhi tapu and wāhi whakahirahira within the Wairere Waiteariki overlay classification.
South Auckland Land District—Matamata-Piako District
(more or less)
|Section 11 Block XI and Part Section 2 Block XV Wairere Survey District, Part Waiharakeke East 5, Part Ōkauia 1, Part Section 1 SO 57454, Part Section 3 SO 539152 and Section 4 SO 538383.|
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of June 2021.
Hon Dr AYESHA VERRALL, Acting Minister of Conservation.