Pursuant to section 94D of the Civil Defence Emergency Management Act 2002, I, John Leggett, extend the local transition period over the following geographic areas within the Marlborough District owing to the ongoing recovery requirements from the July 2021 flood event:
- Awatere Valley Road to Molesworth Station and any associated side roads.
- Queen Charlotte drive from Havelock to Picton and any associated side roads.
- Full length of Kenepuru Road and any associated side roads.
- Northbank Road including Top Valley Road and any associated side roads.
- Waihopai Road from the Avon Valley Road intersection to the top of the Waihopai Valley and any associated side roads.
This extension of the transition period;
- comes into force immediately before 12.21pm on 25 August 2021, which is when the current transition period ends:
- is in force for 28 days:
- ends at 12.20pm on 22 September 2021, unless terminated or further extended earlier.
JOHN LEGGETT, Mayor for Marlborough District Council.
Designation: Mayor of territorial authority responsible for the area.
Time and Date of Notice: 25 August 2021 at 11.00am.