Pursuant to section 132(1) of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 (“Act”), the Physiotherapy Board (“Board”) amends the fees prescribed by the Board pursuant to section 130 of the Act.
1. Commencement – This notice comes into force on the date that is 28 days after the date of publication of this notice in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Amendment – This notice amends the notice titled Physiotherapy Board (Fees) Notice 2018 published in the New Zealand Gazette, 15 January 2018, Notice No. 2018-gs138 as follows:
Replace the heading “Accreditation of new entry-level degree programme:” and the fees prescribed for accreditation of a new entry-level degree programme under that heading with the following heading and fees:
“Accreditation of educational institution or physiotherapy programme
The fees payable by an educational institution applying for accreditation by the Board to provide any 1 or more qualifications prescribed by the Board under section 12 of the Act or for accreditation of the educational institution’s degrees, courses of studies, or programmes relating to physiotherapy (“physiotherapy programmes”) shall be an amount sufficient to reimburse the Board for all costs and expenses actually and reasonably incurred for the purpose of assessing and evaluating such educational institution or its physiotherapy programmes including, without limitation, the costs and expenses of assessing and evaluating the capability of the educational institution to comply with the Board’s Accreditation Standard.
Such costs and expenses may include, without limitation:
- professional fees of accreditation panel members;
- accommodation, travel, and travel-related costs incurred in connection with site visits;
- staff and administration expenses;
- costs of teleconference meetings, printing, postage, transport, and communications.”
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of April 2021.
ROSS JOHNSTON, Registrar, Physiotherapy Board.