1. Pursuant to clause 46 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels Requirements) Order (No 4) 2021 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General, Ministry of Health, hereby declare that New Zealand Post staff, its agents, and its residential customers are exempted from clauses 20(a) and 24(1)(g) of the Order to allow entry into a building for the purpose of operating or accessing;
- a PO Box;
- for “in person” collection services at a PO Box Lobby;
- for “in person” collection services at a Card to Call counter.
The exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Notwithstanding this exemption, New Zealand Post must operate under the same requirements as other businesses currently undertaking business at Alert Level 3;
- Customers of New Zealand Post subject to this exemption must follow all relevant public health and hygiene measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
This exemption will begin at 2.00pm on 2 March 2021 and cease at the end of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 2nd day of March 2021.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.