1. Pursuant to clause 46 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Level Requirements) Order (No 4) 2021 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following businesses or services are exempted from clause 19 of the Order:
- Funeral Directors; and
2. The exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Funeral directors and embalmers must travel directly to and from their place of work.
- The exemption does not include support staff or other employees of the business.
- Persons subject to this exemption may only travel out of an alert level 3 area if the following measures are taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Record their movements, including the place of work travelled to, to support contact tracing;
- ensure two metre distancing is maintained from other persons during work activity where practicable;
- ensure appropriate public health and hygiene measures are taken;
- where applicable, comply with the Health and Safety plan for the particular work activity.
3. The exemption will begin at 6.00am on 28 February 2021 and cease at the revocation of the Order.
Dated at Wellington this 27th day of February 2021.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.