1. Pursuant to clause 15 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Level Requirements) Order (No 3) 2021 (“Order”), I, Dr Ashley Bloomfield, Director-General of Health, hereby declare that the following persons are exempt from clause 10 (the requirement to wear a face covering) of the Order:
- persons travelling on a pre-booked public transport service.
2. For the purposes of this notice, pre-booked public transport service means one of the following:
- a public transport service (within the meaning of clause 4 of the Order), that is a bus service or a train service; and
- in which all persons using the service are required, by the service, to supply their contact details (within the meaning of clause 9 of the Order) in order to use the service, and those details are provided before the departure of the service; and
- there is a seat allocated to individual ticket holders of that service; or
- jet boat tour services.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, this notice exempts persons travelling on a pre-booked public transport service from the requirement to wear a face covering.
4. The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 22 February 2021 and cease at the revocation of the Order (or clause 10 of the Order).
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of February 2021.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.