Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Te Raki Paewhenua (1584) Board (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers, and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- all functions, powers, and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers, and duties of the Board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on:
- curriculum management including teaching and assessment practice (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- policies and procedures.
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of its publication.
Dated at Auckland this 21st day of December 2021.
ISABEL EVANS, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Raro, Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.