Pursuant to Regulation 10 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Director-General of the Ministry for Primary Industries gives the following notice.
This notice is the Fisheries (Notification of Tāngata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for Area/Rohe Moana of Ngai Hapū o Waimarama) Notice 2021.
This notice comes into force on 7 December 2021.
3. Customary Food Gathering Area/rohe Moana
This notice applies to a customary food gathering area/rohe moana in the New Zealand fisheries waters described in clause 2c of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Notice (No. 3) 2007 (New Zealand Gazette, 15 March 2007, No. 30, page 792) which is an area south of Cape Kidnappers, from Whakapau Point to Huarau, and extending seawards 200 nm to the Economic Exclusion Zone.
4. Tangata Whenua
The tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana are Ngai Hapū o Waimarama
5. Appointment Cancelled
(1) The Minister for Oceans and Fisheries has cancelled the appointment of Hori Bartlett as a tangata kaitiaki/tiaki for the area/rohe moana.
(2) The cancellation took effect at the end of 16 November 2021.
6. New Appointment
(1) The Minister for Oceans and Fisheries has appointed Jason Roberts as a tangata kaitiaki/tiaki for the area/rohe moana.
(2) The appointment took effect on 16 November 2021.
Dated at Blenheim this 26th day of November 2021.
JUDITH MacDONALD, Acting Director Fisheries and Aquaculture Treaty Partnerships, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).