Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Ngāti Toa School (2928) Board (“Board”).
- The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise);
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the Board in curriculum management including teaching and assessment practice (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager may also advise the Board on:
- Board communications; and
- consolidating all new and improved systems into Board management practice.
- The Board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of October 2021.
NANCY BELL, Hautū | Deputy Secretary, Te Mahau | Te Tai Runga, Te Tahuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education