Pursuant to clause 44 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Level Requirements) Order (No 10) 2021 (“Order”), the Director-General of Health may exempt a class of persons, businesses, services, or goods (or any person, business, service, or goods) from the application of any provision of the Order or from the requirement to comply with any provision of the Order.
Being satisfied that the exemption is necessary or desirable to promote the purposes of the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020 or the purposes of the Order, and the extent of the exemption is not broader than is reasonably necessary, I grant an exemption for:
- Watercare Limited, and subcontractors, for construction, digging, tunnel boring and other related works on the Watercare Central Interceptor Project.
The exemption is to clause 23 of the Order, for the works to operate as an Alert Level 4 business or service and to permit workers to undertake essential personal movement in accordance with clause 19(b) for the purpose of undertaking that work.
The exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Workers must comply with all other requirements under the Order, such as physical distancing and face-covering requirements;
- Watercare must have systems and processes in place to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable that each person who enters the workplace—
- scans the QR code for the workplace; or
- provides details in a contact tracing record that the person in control of the workplace collects.
Dated this 7th day of September 2021.
Dr ASHLEY BLOOMFIELD, Director-General of Health.