Under section 180 of the Education and Training Act 2020, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Hanmer Springs School (3368) Board (“Board”).
1. The following functions, powers and duties of the Board are to be vested in the limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers, and duties of the Board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers, and duties of the Board to manage communications (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers, and duties of the Board to establish policies and procedures (whether statutory or otherwise).
2. The Board will retain its primary duty of care as the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 over and above all functions, powers, and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of its publication.
Dated at Wellington this 23rd day of August 2021.
HELEN HURST, Tumu Te Hāpai Ō Rāngai | Te Hāpai Ō Rāngai, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.