1. Pursuant to Regulation 41(3) of the Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008, the Secretary for Education gives notice that the Licensing Criteria for Early Childhood Education and Care Centres 2008 were amended on 28 November 2020.
2. The amended criteria have been prescribed by the Minister of Education in accordance with Regulation 41(1) of the Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008 for the purpose of assessing compliance with the minimum standards set out in the above-mentioned Regulations.
3. Criterion HS19 and HS22 come into effect on 25 January 2021. Criterion HS25 comes into effect on 8 April 2021.
4. Printable copies of the above-mentioned criteria are available from the Ministry of Education website www.education.govt.nz.
5. Criterion HS22 incorporates material by reference. Pursuant to Section 52 of the Legislation Act 2012, the Secretary for Education gives notice that the proposed material is available for inspection on the Ministry of Health website www.health.govt.nz.
6. This notice revokes the notice titled “Licensing Criteria for Early Childhood Education and Care Centres 2008 Notice”, published in the New Zealand Gazette, 18 December 2020, Notice No. 2020-go5836.
Dated at Wellington this 7th day of January 2021.
IONA HOLSTED, Secretary for Education.