Pursuant to clause 31A of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Maritime Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for COVID-19 Response, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, hereby make an exemption for the crew members of the Moana Explorer scheduled to arrive in New Zealand on or around the 12 July 2021 from clauses 17 and 19 of the Order.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- All crew have not travelled outside of the designated QFT routes between Australia and New Zealand in the past 14 days; and
- all crew have not been to any locations of interest in relation to any current community outbreaks of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; and
- all crew have not been identified as a close or casual contact of any cases of COVID-19 in the last 14 days; and
- all crew are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 at time of departure; and
- there is no contact with crew of foreign ships in the 14 days at any time prior or during transit to New Zealand; and
- there is no pause or suspension of QFT in operation at the port of origin at the time of departure; and
- there is no pause or suspension of QFT in operation at any ports visited at any point of the ship’s journey; and
- there is no pause or suspension of QFT in operation at any place visited by any crew member that is still in place when that crew member onboards the ship
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of June 2021.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.