Pursuant to clause 26 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for COVID-19 Response, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, declare that the following class of persons are exempt from the application of clause 22 and (to the extent it refers to that clause) clause 21(2)(b) of the Order:
Any specified crew member who—
- arrives in New Zealand on an aircraft undertaking a flight operated by Air New Zealand Limited as part of a scheduled international air service (within the meaning of section 87A of the Civil Aviation Act 1990); and
- has travelled on a higher-risk route within the seven days immediately before arriving in New Zealand, but only on an aircraft undertaking a flight operated by Air New Zealand Limited as part of a scheduled international air service; and
- has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This exemption is subject to the condition that a suitably qualified health practitioner responsible for the medical examination and testing of the aircrew member under clause 8(2) is satisfied that the member is at a low risk of having or transmitting COVID-19.
This exemption does not apply—
- if the aircrew member arrives in New Zealand on an aircraft undertaking a QFT flight; or
- in the circumstances set out in clauses 23 to 25.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 30 June 2021.
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of June 2021.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.