Pursuant to clause 26 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Air Border) Order (No 2) 2020 (“Order”), I, Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for COVID-19 Response, having taken into account the advice of the Director-General of Health, declare that the following class of persons who are returning to New Zealand having started their journey from one of the following places:
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
who satisfy the following criteria:
- they obtain a certificate from a suitably qualified health practitioner (or a person who is registered or licensed as an equivalent health professional overseas) no more than 72 hours before the journey begins confirming they do not have symptoms which indicate that they are likely to transmit COVID-19; and
- they produce this certificate when requested by 1 or more of the following:
- a health protection officer;
- a staff member or representative of the relevant air carrier;
- an immigration officer; or
- an enforcement officer;
are exempt from clause 8(2B) of the Order.
All persons exempted from clause 8(2B) of the Order must be transferred as immediately as practical to a MIQF for Day 0/1 COVID-19 testing once the necessary border entry procedures have been completed on arrival to New Zealand.
The exemption will begin at 11.59pm on 25 January 2021.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of January 2021.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister for COVID-19 Response.